Wednesday, February 2, 2011

South is the Place for Me

My whole life I have lived in Alabama. I never took a vacation to anywhere north of the state, but I decided to pay my grandparents a visit in Ohio. For two weeks, I was stuck in a place far more different than what I was accustomed to. When I arrived, the heat that I dreaded in Alabama was non existent in Ohio. When I spoke with people from the north, I immediately realized that their accent and way of speaking is far more different than mine. I asked the waitress at a local restaurant for a glass of sweet tea, and she had no idea what I was talking about. The vehicles that are driven by residents in Ohio make me feel out of place. They mostly drive fuel efficient cars, while I am driving a gas guzzling four wheel drive pick-up. The north is a nice place to live if you are comfortable with it, but I am going to remain in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment