Sunday, April 3, 2011

Failure is not an option

Many people have an inspirational quote in which they apply to their life. For some it could be a quote about money or power; for others it could be a powerful explanation of love or a lack thereof. My favorite quote is a simple quote from a famous basketball player known as Michael Jordan. Jordan is considered to be one of the greatest to ever play the game. With numerous championships and MVP's in his name, Michael has created a place for his name in the basketball hall of fame. Many of Jordan's quotes consist of examples of how failure motivates one to succeed. My personal favorite is "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost more than 300 games. 26 times, I have been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I have failed over, and over, and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed." This quote has motivated me to not give up in anything. If you are faced with failure, do not consider quitting as an option, but use failure as motivation to conquer something you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment