Wednesday, April 27, 2011

video on Ted Williams

The video I watched and the article which I read on the Washington post is by far the most random unique viral video which I have seen lately! It is incredible that there are such talented people out there that have been led astray from stardom by simply picking up a drug habit or an alcoholic. From what I gathered from the article as all viral things are they come and go quickly, and unfortunately I believe nothing came of Williams’s short lived fame. Although it was a short lived Cinderella story, I find it very interesting and I’m sure regardless of the short live d story it will have a much longer affect on some. Hopefully a positive effect on some… encouraging them to stay away from distractions and addictions which could end an incredible career. I feel as though I am not the one to judge regarding whether Ted Williams career was a complete failure or not. The man most definitely made decisions which were questionable; i.e. using hardcore drugs and participating in the life of an alcoholic. Even though his career diminished that was the course in which he chose to take his life, although it is not all to blame on him, he may have been a victim of circumstances. One cannot help but question did he lose his job and simply turn to drugs as a means of escaping his current problems, or was he introduced to it as an alternate escape of his hectic lifestyle as a public figure. I tend to believe William’s was a victim of circumstances if one were to place themselves in the life of an icon, would they lose it and no longer have a desire to perform their job for society? Regardless the man is incredibly talented, and the article in whole intrigued me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment