Monday, April 18, 2011
spring sports
Bottom of the 9th, two outs, bases loaded; I step up to the plate. Situations like these are what I prepared so hard for in the off-season. I let the first pitch pass for ball one. The second and third pitches were strikes. Two balls later the count is full at three balls and two strikes. With my heart racing, I stepped back into the batter's box for one final pitch. As the pitcher released the ball, I realized it was my favorite pitch; a hanging breaking ball over the middle of the strike zone. I swung hard and launched the ball well over the left field wall. With fans going crazy, I made my "victory lap" around the bases due to my walk-off grand slam. To this day, this is my most vivid memory of the sport I miss dearly. When I think of spring, baseball is the first sport that comes to mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment